Saturday, July 19, 2008

The World From Kate's Point of View

I must say that most people would look at Kate and assume that she is the sweetest little girl around. It must be the blue eyes and blonde, curly hair. Don't get me wrong, Kate is sweet about 50% of the time. However, you have to spend a lot of time with her to really start to understand her true personality. She is very PRACTICAL and has a tendency to call-it-as-she-sees-it. She also has quite an attitude. These charming personality traits lead me to believe in the power of genetics. Although she looks a lot like her dad physically, her mind and spirit bear the imprints of my genetic heritage.

As evidence, I would like to document a recent conversation she and I shared:


Kate: "Does Jesus have a Mom?"

Me: "Yes he does. Her name is Mary."

Kate: "Does Jesus have friends?"

Me: "Yes, Jesus has friends. Jesus loves everyone."

Kate: "Even mean people?"

Me: "Yes, Jesus even loves mean people."

Kate: "I guess that's OK if Jesus loves mean people, but I DON'T!"


And, there you have it. Kate in a nutshell...

She does make me laugh every single day of my life. I guess that is an important part of her personality as well. Even at the age of three, she understands humor and sarcasm. Man, I love her!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Omigosh! Kate is so stunningly beautiful! That picture is a keeper. I'm just catching up on your blog and have the following comments...1) I have serious envy of your cake making abilities. Kate's b-day cake is so stinkin' cute. I wish you didn't live so far away because I would hire you for my next b-day party. 2) So special that you were able to bless Kate in the same building and dress as you. 3) I don't think I would go to your next "family reunion". This year it is filling in a swimming pool and ripping up concrete with heavy machinery. What will next year be? Building a castle, complete with moat, out of all the excess cement? I'd fake sick if I were you. :) 4) No more coming down to SL and not notifying your friends (okay..me) so we can see you 'cause we miss you! Oh, and I love Sadie's little smile - so precious!

Floyd Family said...

So cute! She is so precocious just like her mother!

Windybrook Spinner said...

She's so beautiful and I can't believe she's so old already.