Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My favorite things Kate has said lately...

You never know what will come out of Kate's mouth... Here are a few of my favorites from the past couple of weeks:


When in Target Kate all of a sudden had to go to the bathroom (of course, we were as far away from the bathroom as you can get at the time...why is it always like that?). So, we run to the bathroom. As we go into the stall and close the door, Kate exclaims in her loudest voice, "Look mom, there's a hooker!" I looked where she was pointing and saw a hook on the back of the door. I explained that it is called a "hook" not a "hooker". She continued to insist that the bathroom has hookers and why don't we have some at home. I tried correcting one more time, to the sound of the lady in the stall next to us laughing hysterically in the background. I think I finally convinced her that there are hooks in bathrooms and not hookers.



Over the weekend Kate was being very cranky. I asked her to go to her room and see if she could find "Happy Kate". I make this suggestion to my kids at least once a day... Anyway, she shouted back at me that "Happy Kate is at Chuck E Cheese". Well, OK then...



The other night at dinner Kate announced out of the blue that when you die your tongue pops out of your head. Once we got over the initial shock and confusion, we were reminded that when we were young, the absolute sign that someone was dead when we were playing is that their tongue was sticking out... Huh.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ha ha ha! I LOVE the hooker story. I'm glad they only live in Target bathrooms though and not at your house 'cause that would be....awkward. :)

Lyle and Jaime said...

I love that Happy Kate is at Chuck E. Cheese. Those stories are so cute! What a fun (and embaressing) age.

Did you hear that Dasha and Cohen are boyfriend and Girlfriend now! Aparently they love each other so "that's what you do."

Becca Brown said...

Kate is hilarious!! The hooker story cracks my up. I always wonder what the people in the other stalls are thinking when my children talk. It nice when others have a sense of humor.

Stephanie said...

i don't know if you remember me, but we were in the same ward in stockton for a few months.

when my son thought our dog was going to die he said cooper would "have x's on his eyes".

Ray said...

too funny and soo cute! Kids always say the cutest things! I'm so glad that you wrote those stories down. They will be great memories and now you have some great stories to tell at her wedding! (Jenny)