Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Latest Cake Masterpieces

I had two cake projects for this weekend. Two fun birthday cakes! The first was for a 9-yr-old who was having an American Idol karaoke party. They wanted a karaoke machine cake. I think it turned out awesome!



I also had another birthday cake for a little 6-yr-old. She was having a Fancy Nancy party. I had never read any of the Fancy Nancy books before making these cakes, and may I say they are darling! They are about a little girl who likes everything to be fancy. If she were to decorate her own birthday cake it would look like this:

12 comments:

Jilene said...

I didn't know you made cakes. No wonder you wanted so many cake mixes! They are beautiful! Where did you learn how? i've taken the first class at Michaels!

RhubarbLady said...

Cousin Trisha here-thank you, thank you for sharing your talents! The cakes are amazing-and Eva was just reading Fancy Nancy this last week!

emily said...

absolutely beautiful! How do you keep the kids away from these?

Eric said...

Wow, I didn't know you made cakes either. They're fabulous. Just the other day I saw some YouTube clips of the "Ace of Cakes". Really cool. I love how the karaoke cake turned out!

Anonymous said...

You are AMAZING!

Emily said...

You never cease to amaze, Crystal! Only you could pull off a kareoke cake!!

Smullin Family said...

These are awesome..love them!

I especially love the Fancy Nancy cake. We love those books at our house, or should I say Abree and I love those books, at our house. She likes to be fancy and thinks it's funny that Nancy teaches her family to be fancy.

Good job!

Floyd Family said...

All I can say is wow. I just can not get over how amazing you are. When I grow up, I want to be like you.

Paula said...

As always your cakes are amazing, I especially love the fancy nancy cake. It makes me want to have a birthday party!

Lyle and Jaime said...

You are so talented! AMAZING!! It was nice seeing you guys at Red Robbin. After you left Ella from their class walked in with her mom. So funny to see all the kids with the coupons!!

Becca Brown said...

LOVE THE CAKES!! You are one talented lady. Maybe if I hung around you more some of your talents could rub off onto me. =)

Anonymous said...

Yeah you are amazing can you pass some of your talent on to me.....No FAIR!!!

Megan Post McCombs