Monday, January 26, 2009

IMPORTANT- YOUR KIDS SHOULD KNOW THEIR PHONE NUMBERS!

MAKE SURE YOU TEACH YOUR KIDS THEIR PHONE NUMBERS IMMEDIATELY!...

..... Because they will need them when they get to kindergarten and girls start asking for their digits. Yep. That's right. The love story of Conner and Ella continues. The phone rings today. Caller ID says it is a local number. I pick up. I hear a little voice ask, "Is Conner there?" I say, "Yes, may I tell him who is calling?" I am not at all surprised to hear, "This is Ella."

So, I give the phone to Conner and about 5 minutes later (five minutes is not long when it is in terms of things like the movie will be over in five minutes. School starts in five minutes, etc. But when used in terms of two six year olds talking on the phone- that is really a long conversation...)

Conner doesn't say much, I just hear the high-pitched sound of a little voice through the phone. I can't make out what she is saying but she seems to be saying a lot. But, when Conner hangs up the phone and I ask him what they talked about he says, "Nothing." Yeah, right. The only thing that I was able to get out of him was that she invited him to come over to her house.

It turns out that Ella asked him for his number during "Free Play" time today at school. Good thing I spent so long last year making sure he knew his number and all the possible reasons he may need to use it. I am pretty sure I never mentioned he would need it to give to girls...

4 comments:

Misty said...

That is awesome! Connor is the man! =)

Tami Kate said...

I think this is the best love story. :) I can't help but fall for Connor too, so I can understand the obsession. :)

Windybrook Spinner said...

I am definitely enjoying this hilarious saga. Good to know they can put their phone number knowledge to good use.

Emily said...

Hee hee! I can't believe you have a teenage sitcom on your hands...except the kids are cute and innocent. I'm staying tuned for the next update!