Monday, January 26, 2009

Meeting Ella in Person

So, on Thursday I volunteered in Conner's class. His great teach asked me to take kids one at a time into the hall and read with them. Fun. I get to gauge my son's smartness quotient in comparrison to his classmates, AND I get to spend three minutes one-on-one with the infamous Ella. I didn't say anything to her about Conner. I just did my little volunteer job and sounded out words with her. One of the words in the book we were reading was POT. I wanted to make sure she understood what a POT was so I told her that I cook spaghetti all the time in a pot. She paused and then she asked me if Conner likes spaghetti. I told her that it is his all-time favorite food (it truly is). She told me it was her favorite as well. I then told her that Conner could probably each three giant plates of spaghetti because he loves it so much. She told me that she can too (of course). After a couple of seconds Ella said to me, "It sounds like Conner and I have a lot in common." Well, Ella, if favorite foods is a basis for true love in kindergarten, then you do have a lot in common.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny, Thanks for making my day!